Re: SBL-1 Mixer Question

on 10/10/01 6:59 AM, Matt Donohoe at m_donohoe@dingoblue.net.au wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if anybody knows what the input/output impedence of the SBL-1
> is for 122-124MHz Input with a LO of 96MHz and an output of 28MHz..... Is it
> 50ohms
> or different? Minicircuits doesnt give ANY specs!
>
> Sorry guys if you dont want to read this, but it's a bit hard to get answers
> off Minicircuits!

Since I sell Mini-Circuits for a living, I can get you some answers.  Just
gotta know the right people!  :-)

Mixer impedances are typically NOT 50 Ohms, particularly on the LO port.  In
fact, they are usually pretty lousy - that's why one usually wants to put a
buffer amp in between the LO and the mixer.  The RF port though is probably
somewhat closer.

Tell you what, I'll look into this when I am in the office today and let you
know!

73,

Jon
NA9D