From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Robert Knoblach
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 7:22 AM
To: sco@sco-inc.com
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] UEK-3000

Attention!
be careful to serve the download converter with the preamp power by the
FT736!

You can only use around 300 mA. The downconverter needs 200 mA, but the
UEK3000 has a cristal heating who needs much more during the first seconds
of power on! The Preamp switch transistor in my FT-736 died after shortly
use!