BBQ Dish Backing

Hi All,

   Sorry to bring up an old subject, but I couldn't find it on a Web
Page anywhere.....  There was some talk a while back regarding backing
your BBQ dish with metal fencing. I was wondering what the
advantages/disadvantages are of doing this.  I just got my AO-40 system
put together this week, and I am running a BBQ Dish with a 3733.  The
system is working great, but being a Ham, I am always looking for a way
to improve on things  :-)

   Thanks for the help!

        Brian