Dish Help

Hi Jim,

Try a (google?) search on "G6LVB" for some excellent content on doing
this.  There are also some other excellent resources already mentioned on this
BB.

A search on "W1GHZ" probably would give you some good links, too.

73,

Lowell

=======================================

You wrote:

I just up-graded my "Dish Network" cable tv antenna system from a "Dish
100" to a "Dish 500" system.  The new dish is larger and has two LNB's.

My question is about the original "Dish 100" dish.  Can it be used to
receive AO-40 ?  The dimensions are: horizontal diameter - 18"; vertical
diameter - 19.5"; the arm that goes from the dish to the LNB is 11".

I am currently using a Directive Systems circular polarized antenna
(Model DSH-17) sold by Down East Microwave.  It works ok but I was
hoping this dish might be better.

If it is useable where can I get a down-converter for it ?  Thanks very
much for any suggestions.

Jim Beeson

WA5QAP
jbeeson@shreve.net