Re: SBL-1 Mixer Question

Matt Donohoe <m_donohoe@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

>I am wondering if anybody knows what the input/output impedence of the
>SBL-1 is for 122-124MHz Input with a LO of 96MHz and an output of 28MHz
>Is it 50ohms or different? Minicircuits doesnt give ANY specs!

Yes, they do. They have the data on line, and it's the first thing
you get if you search for SBL-1 from their web page.

They provide SWR at each port for frequencies from 1 to 500 MHz.
The ports are all reasonably well matched, and there is little
to be gained from desiging for anything other than 50 ohm impedances.
There are probably Smith charts and/or S parameters in the
Designer's book, but my copy is at home and I'm at work... :-(

>Sorry guys if you dont want to read this, but it's a bit hard to
>get answers off Minicircuits!

Is there some other company called Minicircuits out there?
The one I deal with provide vast torrents of data to
anybody who asks.

Grid: CN89lg                    pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.57 N 123 0.24 W        - Hospital/Shafte