Radio Shack Rotator Tracking

At the AMSAT conference in Atlanta, I was displaying my simple 2-bits-from-
the-LPT1 port interface to the Radio Shack rotator for automatic LEO
satellite tracking and tuning of the Kenwood D7 and D700  radios.

I now have the details on a WEB page:

http://www.toad.net/~wclement/bruninga/rotator1.html

With this simple opto-isolator TRIAC circuit, and an old LAPTOP, you can
have a fully automated station for monitoring at least a dozen of the LEO
Amsats.  The result is that you wont miss any of the 72 or more passes per
day of these satellites.  A nice way to use your D7 while it is at  home.

Also, there is a link showing how you can use the laptop and speaker-mic
indoors through an "any-length" small 8 conductor data cable to the
radio/rotator outdoors so that you can give demos or work from down in the
EOC with no RF cable loss, yet fully operate the radio and antenna from
below.

APRStk does the work of the radio QSY and doppler tracking of all
satellites and also the rotator control.  APRStk is simply a version of
APRSdos that has these added features..

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob