Re: Coax cable

I'm also getting back on after several years of inactivity.

I am using LMR400Ultraflex for the 435 rotator loop. They say it can have a
1 inch bend! I would use it all the way to the shack but my old run of the
much maligned 9913 (installed 1984) still tests ok - 2.8dB/100 ft. at 435.
I'm using RG-6 for the 144/S band run from a mast mounted UEK-2000
converter to shack.

Several friends have reported excellent results with the Kuhne MKU-232-A2
35dB S-band preamp at the antenna with the downconverter in the shack. I
may try that later.

ron w8gus.