Success.

I would like to thank everyone who has made it possible to
get as far as I have.  At this moment I am copying the S-2
beacon at S-5 over the noise.  We are at MA=89.2, Squint
= 8.8.  Just 3 months ago I didn't even understand what this
meant.  <grin>  3 months ago I would not have believed it
possible.  I was upset that the V/U was being forgotten.  I
still believe we need mode B and J satellites, but I must admit
that Mode-S is very possible, all it takes is some money and
a little work.

Now the next step... learning how to find the uplink, and
making that first QSO.  Hope 40 watts down 50 ft of Belden
89880 into 14 ELE C is enough to make the uplink.

Again, thanks to everyone.  Especially K5OE, WL7BQM, and
K5GNA, who all but held my hand over the first stumbling
steps.  Don't worry, I have two downconverters on the
bench, and two hams who will benefit from what I have
learned.  Maybe DM-61 won't be so hard to get anymore.

Thanks again Y-all.

Mike.

Vy73,  Mike.   KD9KC    MARS: AAV6EV

My E-mail address: mailto:kd9kc@elp.rr.com
Ham Radio page: http://www.qsl.net/kd9kc/
Gun page: http://home.elp.rr.com/elpasochl/
Dog page: http://www.geocities.com/heartland/estates/4174

Freedom is expensive.  Those who are not willing to
pay the price ultimately lose everything.