Re: Confused again.

Well, there are two tricky things at work here:
1. The beacon is +10dB QSO
2. The uplink has squint too, donchaknow (lengthen your vowels and sound
like yer from Noort Daakootah!)

That big ol' beacon will punch thru quite a bit of squint by itself, but
if the xpdr doesn't have anything to amplify, nuttin' comes out the
other end.  Calculation-wise I have determined that when the squint gets
much above 30 degrees, pack it in on U-band.  More like 20 degrees on
L-band.  Collect telemetry and send it to the archiver!