Confused again.

OK... here we go again.  Got the dish all mounted and
aligned.  Passes yesterday were lousy, and the RUDAK
test last night didn't allow for any testing.  I did hear
two passes of UO-11, so I suspected the alignment was OK.

So I rushed home from work today to see how my
system works.

I found the main beacon right away, running S-5 to S-7
all the time.  Note that with no signal, my S-meter reads
S-0, sometimes flickering to S-1.  I am happy.  It seems
great.  So I start to search for somebody calling CQ.
Surely at 2230 UTC somebody is on.  Nope... nobody.

Then I looked at the Squint.  61 degrees?!?!  Ok, so I
don't have a chance.  But... is the beacon on another
antenna, or can I expect a HUGE signal increase when
the Squint is under 30 deg?

I have not made a single contact on this system yet,
but I already have some ideas on how to improve it.
I will type that out here later, perhaps someone else
has already tried it.

Thanks.  Y-all have a great day.

Vy73,  Mike.   KD9KC    MARS: AAV6EV

My E-mail address: mailto:kd9kc@elp.rr.com
Ham Radio page: http://www.qsl.net/kd9kc/
Gun page: http://home.elp.rr.com/elpasochl/
Dog page: http://www.geocities.com/heartland/estates/4174

Freedom is expensive.  Those who are not willing to
pay the price ultimately lose everything.