TX Inhibit for the 817??

I have recently acquired a Yaesu FT-817. A portion of my intent in buying
the 817 was to split off the signal from my SSB UEK-3000 downconverter while
I work the bird on the FT-847 on SSB and then let the 817 decode the
telemetry.  Now what I need to know is this:  Is there a way to inhibit the
transmit portion of 2m while I am using it with my downconverter.  As we
know RF will "KILL" the UEK-3000! (Yes, even personal experience).  I notice
on the ACC Jack that it has a pin for "TX INH" but I cannot find any
information about it.  Does this mean transmit inhibit or something else?  I
only got the operating manual when I bought the radio.  Therefore, I do not
know if I'm missing another book, piece of paper or what. I cannot find any
documentation on it and nor do I have the schematics.  And no I have not
contacted Yaesu to ask them yet.  I was hoping someone here may know as
there is always a vast resource of knowledge here.  W9AE came up with a
great idea on the 847 and I have used it with great success but has anyone
looked into this for the FT-817? Any help would be appreciated! Tnx & 73...

P.S.  I've had great fun working 2m SSB and 432 SSB with the locals while
out walking the dog at night with the 817.

Rick Tilton
ARS - N4WYK
n4wyk@amsat.org
Foothills of NC APRS and Satellite Website
http://www.n4wyk.com