Re: aluminium dish

Ask for my recommendation in about two weeks :)

I ordered a 32" dish from www.dhsatellite.com.  Here is how it arrived:

http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/bent_dish/MVC-883F.JPG

(other images here: http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/bent_dish)

The good news is that the sales folks are helping to get things "right"
(i.e., insurance claim).   The package had been abused by the shippers, no
question in my mind.

Sooo...hopefully in a few weeks I'll get a replacement.   They have about
any size dish you want...getting it shipped might be the challenging part :)

73,

Mark N8MH

At 12:00 PM 10/5/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello people, can anyone tell me where I can buy a 3 foot aluminium dish? I
>am using a 2 footer with a patch feed (g3ruh) and its great!. But I have a
>lot of trees around and notice if the dish is pointed toward one of the
>trees the becon drops to a s-5. So the signals on ssb are just above the
>noise. Cw is fb. So thought I would put the patch on a 3 foot dish instead.
>
>Thanks
>Don...w2xb
>
>----

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]