How much better with circular polarization?

The current AO-40 pass is in open sky for me (a hole in the tree cover) and
the beacon is peaking at S6 with frequent fading to S3-4 and often dipping
to S1.  This is with a 2x3' barbecue dish antenna and linear feed system
(AIDC 3733).  I wonder if anyone has compared this setup to a mesh or solid
dish of similar size and circular polarized feed system?  Should I see about
the same peak signal strength, but with less QSB?  Substantially less QSB?

Several signals heard on CW tonight, but only heard one successful QSO.  One
SSB station heard, plenty strong enough to copy.

K8AC
Floyd Sense - Angier, NC