Re: Starshine, PCsat etc

No, just the right to act as control operator of the digipeater.
Just as with a repeater or digipeater on the ground, if certain users
do not respect the rights of other users to access the digipeater,
the control operator is allowed to make the decision as to who should
and should not use the system.  It's Bob's machine, and he is the one
the FCC will call in the case of improper or illegal operation, so he
has every right to specify what is and is not permitted on his
digipeater.  This does not imply that the control operator of the
satellite owns any particular frequency, just that operating through
this particular digipeater requires operators to follow certain rules.

My $.02 -- the rules I saw were quite reasonable, and if followed,
will ensure that *everyone*, not just the high-power operators with
base stations uplinking packets as fast as they can stuff them into
the TNC, gets a chance to digipeat via PCsat.  If I owned a
digipeater on the ground, much less a digi that's in low earth orbit
and has line of sight to potentially thousands of stations, I'd be
just as responsible for what was done with it, and I would set up
almost exactly the same rules.

--
<BGB>