Re: Starshine, PCsat etc

Operation of another persons equipment. does indead come under the rules of
the IARU.  The person or group that owns that equipment has every right to
place further restrictions on the use of the equipment.  Or radio club has
a repeater.  The FCC rules state that you must id at the end of every
transmission and every 10 min during the conversation.  Our club (the
owners of the equipment) has places a further restriction on the users. To
use the autopatch, the user must id at the beginning of the transmission.
If this does not occur, the patch will be terminated by a control operator.

Bob has clearly stated the additional rules to use the equipment that his
group has built and gotten placed into orbit.  If you do not like the
additional restrictions that have been placed on you by the owners of the
equipment, do not use the equipment.  Put your own satellite in orbit and
use it however you want.

When you rent a car, you have certain restrictions placed on you. In some
places yu agree to not drive on unimproved roads.  This is an additional
restriction placed on you by the car renter.  If you do not like the terms,
go someplace else.

This leaves better order for the people that can obey the restrictions
placed on the use of the equipment by the owners of the equipment.  The
restrictions are in place to create order out of caos (sp?).  Again, if you
do not like the additional restrictions, go someplace else to play.  If you
want to play here obey the local playground rules.

73
Glenn
WB4UIV