Re: Starshine, PCsat etc

http://www.iaru.org/satellite/prospective.html

>  Cheers
>
>  Jean-Louis F6AGR

I agree - the recent launch of PCsat has similar concerns.  They have
published a "User Agreement" that intends to stipulate operating restrictions
on users around the world.  It directly contradicts IARU principals and the
spirit of the Amateur Satellite Service and imposes demands on users that
limit free experimentation.  It is unenforceable, yet many hams have no clear
understanding of its authority.

I hesitate to bring this issue out in the open, but cannot sit idly by and
watch public tax dollars be thrown away without appropriate scrutiny.

73's
Ray - WB3ABN
Kingston, WA