RE: Starshine

Bob et al.

I decoded two full STARSHINE telemetry messages yesterday night (03 oct 2001
at 17:00 UTC) here near Paris (JN18DQ) and sent them to
http://epulation.com/starshine/starshine3/ss3telem.htm
as stipulated on http://www.obsat.com/satr3.htm WEB site.
I didn't find  in the WEB pages any details on the hexadecimal data
transmitted by STARSHINE 3.
Would you please tell us where we can find full details on the meaning of
the hex data and how to decode them ?

As any satellite transmitting on ham frequencies, STARSHINE 3 certainly
works in accordance with the following rule:
"Plain Language. The amateur-satellite service, by its nature, involves
stations of more than one country. International communication between
amateur stations in different countries must be in plain language. [See RR
S25.2.] The plain language requirement includes telemetry and data exchanged
between users.
To meet the plain language requirement, technical descriptions of all
emissions, codes, and formats must be made publicly available."

For more details, see "IARU/AMSAT INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE OWNERS AND
OPERATORS OF SATELLITES UTILIZING FREQUENCIES ALLOCATED TO THE
AMATEUR-SATELLITE SERVICE" on http://www.iaru.org/satellite/prospective.html

Cheers

Jean-Louis F6AGR