Re: Optical Tracking?

Hmm.. that's about 45 arc-minutes per second, which is the whole field
of view of my CCD camera on a 480mm telescope.   If the moon's not
up, and there's not much haze, I can probably do on the order of a
minute or two integration without saturating the CCD detector.

Are there good TLE's around?  I'll plug them into some software here
(Software Bisque TheSky) and plot the apparent motion through my
CCD's field of view and see what it looks like.  I may need to find
a shorter focal length lens for the camera..

I'll also pass this along to a guy in my astronomy club; he's into
satellite observing, and there's a whole bunch of folks that track
objects and compute orbital elements for objects which no one admits
to existing.  This may be an interesting activity for them.

louie
wa3ymh