Finding the AO-40 beacons...

Thanks to all who responded.  Indeed, I heard the middle beacon around 0200
UTC and it was averaging a little over 4 s-units above the noise.  The
frequency observed was around 145.319 .  The dish was sitting on the deck,
leaning against a bar stool, with the XYL performing the manual rotor
duties.  At an elevation of 50 degrees, I'm looking up through a pretty
dense tree canopy - no idea how much loss that's adding.

I managed to copy K8RUY on CW and heard a couple of SSB stations, but not
really a lot of activity around the 0145 - 0200 time frame.

K8AC
Floyd Sense - Angier, NC