Finding the AO-40 beacons

When using the AIDC 3733 downconverter as modified by K5GNA, can someone
tell me the exact frequency conversion scheme to enable me to locate the
beacons.  I've found references to "changing the crystal so the IF is 144
MHz", but for which input frequency is it exactly 144 MHz?  Some comments
lead me to believe that 2400 MHz translates to 144 MHz.  I understand the
impact of Doppler shift on the final answer, but need a place to start.
Thanks for any info you can provide.

K8AC
Floyd Sense - Angier, NC