Re: visit to washington

> I know that many in the US will be heading for the AMSAT Convention this
> weekend in Atlanta but as "luck" will have it I am flying into
> Washington/Baltimore for a work related event (shame) over the same period.
>
> If anyone can suggest a few suitable places to visit (Museums/ham shops etc)
> in the vicinity I would be very grateful as this will help me enjoy my stay
> even more!

Not a ham shop, but if you're into amateur astronomy there's a wonderful
telescope shop half way between Baltimore and Washington in Laurel, Md.
See http://www.company7.com/ for info and directions.  About the only
place in the US you an see just about a complete display of fine
Astro-Physics refractors on display, including the very rare 8 inch
Starfire triplet.

louie
wa3ymh
(and owner of some highly polished mirrors and glass :-)