23cm Helix as uplink

Is anyone using a 25ish turn RHCP L Band helix as an AO-40 uplink, and if
so, what is the result? I built same, and am driving with a 65watt brick.
The VSWR is about 1.05:1 after tuning. It looks like I made a very well
tuned DUMMY LOAD. The result is 2-3db above the noise floor on the
down-link. BOOOOO HISSSSSSS.
Just looking for comparisons before I start ripping this thing apart.
73
Gunther Meisse
W8GSM
AMSAT LM 594