Nifty mod to Radio Shack Antenna Rotator!

After years of thought, I finally figured out a good and easy
way to add a position sensing potentiometer to the cheap
and ubiquitous Radio Shack antenna rotator. I'm now using
my modified RS rotor for my AO-40 antennas, controlled
by a homebrew control box, and it has been working like a charm.

The mod is easy to do, and provides very accurate position
feedback.  Go have a look at:

http://www.dougbraun.com/rotor_mod.html

You can also see some more pictures and the code for the control
box (using a 16F876) at: http://www.dougbraun.com/ham.html

Doug
NA1DB