Re: Az-El control system for Alliance rotors

Yes, I use a similar system at the moment.

I skipped the software controller and use two manual control boxes.  It gets
pretty busy when operating on some of the LEOs but perfectly doable.

The elevation rotor is the alliance pass through type.  It's barely big
enough to rotate my KLM yagis.  The antennas had to be mounted exactly at
the balance points (including coax).  But it works.

The azimuth rotor is a larger sized TV rotor.

Like I say, the hardware works fine and it's been up for two years now.  It
won't handle my S-band BBQ dish though and so my whole satellite antenna
system (actually whole antenna system in general) is slated for re-work next
spring (some day I'll be on AO-40!).

But for smaller antennas, the system works very well.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 9/28/01 7:42 AM, Floyd Sense at sentek@sprintmail.com wrote:

> Wonder if anyone is using the control system described in December, 1998 QST
> in the article "An Inexpensive Az-El Rotator System"?  If so, do you have
> any comments, suggestions, improvements on the hardware and/or software
> described?  Thanks for any info.
>
> K8AC
> Floyd Sense - Angier, NC

Jon Ogden