RE: DEM AO-40 system or AIDC 3733 opinions

Hi Mike,
	I have the 2400-144RX and the DSH12-17. My xcvr
is an old Yaesu FT726R. I run the 2400-144RX into a
TenTec 144mhz/28mhz transverter with the xmit section
disable (to protect the converter) and receive downlink
using the optional 10m module in the FT726R. (this way
I can use the 435mhz section for U band up, the 145mhz
section to drive my L band up converter and listen on
the 10m section, all on one radio)
	I've recently upgraded from the DSH12-17 to a
Hyperlink BBQ dish.
	I found the DSH12-17 adequate during low squint
angles but was confined to CW much of the time. I wanted
to be able to use the satellite more reliably at poor squint
angles to work DX.
	The DSH12-17 is a very well built antenna that
should last many years. It's very easy to mount and has
a small wind load (unlike the dish). If you're mainly
interested in casual use, the DSH12-17 is fine. If you're
a little obsessive, you might want to look at something with
more gain.
Steve .. AI7W
ai7w@arrl.net

B.T.W.  Now that I think about it, my DSH12-17 is forsale.