Re: antenna rebuilding

Charles Pennington wrote:

I am rebuilding my antennae and I know that there is a compound or lubricate
you can use on the elements to make a good contact and prevent corrosion.
Does anyone know what it is called and where I can get it. Thanks for
your help.

Wayne replies:

You're probably thinking of Ideal #30-030 "Noalox" anti-oxidant joint
compound.  It's a grayish-green paste that you spread thinly on mating
aluminum surfaces to keep them from corroding.  It's rated from -40C to
+150C and UL approved up to 600V.  As you might have guessed, "Noalox" is an
abbreviation for no aluminum oxide.  Home Depot stores sell 8 ounce
containers for $7.89.  Or you can buy a 4 ounce container from Amateur
Electronic Supply for $12.95 plus shipping.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA