Millicon MC-251

As most of you know, the MC-251is basically a Drake 2880 "professionally
converted."  Advertised as such, I must admit that I took it as such -
"professionally modified."

Has anyone actually checked one to see to what degree it was modified?  Have
all the 2880 modifications been incorporated?

It is OBVIOUS that the MC-251 has a very high noise figure.  I am now
experimenting with the Norsat 2500, which is much better regarding the n/f.

Noise Figure is the name of the game!  I have good signal sensitivity, but
still trying to reduce the noise.

Jerry  N5GPC