Re: Activity on AO-40

>From: Mike73@aol.com
>In a message dated 9/25/01 1:08:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dj1km@dj1km.de
>writes:
>
>> W1BFN told me that he has worked a total of approx. 50 US stations.
>>  I told him that my score of German stations has increased to 65 in the
>>  meantime.
>>  Who can beat the score of W1BFN? Who has worked more US stations?
>
>I haven't had nearly as much time as I'd like to work AO-40, but in the 5
>times I been able to sit behind the rig I've worked 39 stations. On 10 of
>these either myself or both stations were operating with Mode L uplinks.
>Countries include Canada, Germany, Czech Republic, Denmark, Israel, Hungary,
>Italy and the US.
>
>I hope as the wx gets cooler I'll get to spend more time in the shack.
>
>73,
>Mike, N1JEZ
>AMSAT #29649
>Local Area Coordinator
>"A closed mouth gathers no feet."

Mike,

Well I cannot beat it but I checked to see what I have with the short
amount of operating so far:
17 states incl. Alaska (three) and Hawaii ...probably more but haven't
looked up some in QRZ.
5 countries: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Hong Kong
40 initials total

No Europe, South America? yet.

Ed
no more e-mail til after Atlanta...leaving for San Jose in couple hours.