Re: Activity on AO-40

Hello Reinhard.

Reinhard Richter <dj1km@dj1km.de> writes:
> Hello all,
> yesterday after MA 87 I spent more than 1 hours on AO-40. It was around
> 20.30 till 21.40 UTC, afternoon in USA. I met W0EZU, who was a new one
> for me and WB4FWQ and W1BFN whom I have met before. In addition I
> heard K8DID who disappeared after a qso with a British station. That
> was all what I heard from USA when AO-40 covered approx. 2/3 of the US
> area.

Most of the USA is at work in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday.  FWIW, I spent 1-1/2 hours on AO-40 from 0130 to 0300 utc and never heard even one European station, even though Western Europe was in the window most of that time.  It is the unfortunate nature of DX communications that convenient times are rarely coincident.
73,
Jerry, K5OE