Re: "spontaneous" LEILA activation

The keyword is Pave Paws. Google shows up lots of sites and this one has
some interesting detail:

but it does not mention my neighbouring installation at a place called
Fylingdales in Yorkshire.

This one definitely spreads over 435-437 Mhz with varying prf and sounds
like random clicks on my receiver. I believe that AO40 has a noise blanker
built in for this reason but probably it cannot cope with the large erp
sometimes. Certainly I cannot use the 9k6 birds because of it and I am over
250 miles away from it.

Thre is lots of talk here of the USAF upgrading the facility so maybe it
will QSY soon!

73 all

Graham G3VZV