Re: "spontaneous" LEILA activation

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, John Stephensen, KD6OZH wrote:

> The U.S. military does have radar operating in the 420-450 MHz band in
> several locations.... sporadicly... in the Los Angeles area including
> one on 435 MHz. Each signal occupies a 3-4 MHz of bandwidth and 435
> MHz downlinks become unusable when the radar is operating in my area.

Actually, it would be nice to have a data base of these.  I know the Navy
has a radar that has a frequency in the band, but they do not use that
channel in peacetime.  I do hear a buzz occasionally in the Cheaspeak bay
area.  AND during freq clearance for our PCsat, an Airforce freq clerk
said that we had a conflict on 435 MHz because that is a military
radar band.

To which I replied.  "Yes....  Thanks."  Since we all know it is a shared
band.  But it would be nice to at least document the known emitters in our
shared band... So we can begin a table:

  AREA       USAGE
  Annapolis  rare
  San Diego  sporadically