Re: "N" Connector Question

They are for tie wires to keep them from unscrewing themselves in
high vibration environments like rocket launches and high speed
aircraft.  This was a concern since the original design was limited
to "finger tight" torque limits.

It is not so much a concern with the lower mass and torque wrench
capability of an SMA for example.

td