Re: Crystals the same for Drake & 3733 converters?

Al,
The Drake crystal will work, but you will not be able to calibrate it to the 2400=144 without a little surgery to the nearby caps (a Faradectomy), depending on which version 3733 you have.  The on-board adjustment will max out at about 30-40 kHz high (2400=144.040).  When I did my first one using a Drake crystal, I set it for 100 kHz high to keep the math simple.  A better solution is to get one of the correct crystals from Bob, K5GNA.  These will tune in perfectly.
73,
Jerry, K5OE