Re: Traveling to Atlanta AMSAT Symposium

>  Doesn't everyone carry mostly
>  electronics in their carry-on, using a few misc items of clothing almost
>  purely as packing material?  :-)

On Sunday, 9-Sep-01, I flew home from a weekend trip to Kentucky.  I traveled
with one-over the shoulder bag and one suit bag--carried both on.  In these I
had an FT-100, a duplexer and SWR meter, a 2 m GP antenna with 3 m of coax, a
3 -element hand-held 70 cm antenna with 1.5 m of coax, a Palm PDA, a Garmin
GPS, a 35 mm camera, and a digital camera.  No one asked any questions at the
X-ray booth.  No one paid any attention to me at either end of the journey.
I guess when I go to Atlanta next month I better make sure I don't have a
toothbrush with a sharp end.
73,
Jerry, K5OE