Re: Setting Network Time

There are utilities for stuff like this in the ntp
distribution. I use ntpdate, with time.nrc.ca as my
ntp server. It builds and runs without any fuss under
Linux.

I've also played with doing this with GPS - either
by setting up my own home NTP server, or by using
GPS directly. One of my GPS receivers is a surplus
Trimble Palisade (one of the white mushroom jobs,
intended for such applications), with both 1 PPS
output and serial data that are synchronized to
1 PPS. I see possibilities...

Grid: CN89lg                    pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.57 N 123 0.24 W        - Hospital/Shafte