Re: Traveling to Atlanta AMSAT Symposium

>> Further to that, it seemed that there's a threshold at which they
>> figure if
>> you have that much junk held overtly, you're OK.
>
> I can attest to the truth of this in the past.  Doesn't everyone carry
> mostly
> electronics in their carry-on, using a few misc items of clothing almost
> purely as packing material?  :-)
>
> For those of you who haven't already thought of this, the best
> suggestion I
> can offer for the items of misc electronics and such that you really
> must
> travel with is to buy a box of the medium-large clear plastic zip-lock
> bags
> to put things in, so they aren't loose in your bags, and the contents
> of each
> bag are easily viewable during a search.  The search goes faster, as
> does
> the post-search repacking.

And it goes without saying -- be sure to have your license with you.
Security guards and police know to look for a PTT button, and if you
have transmit capability, they may want to know why.  If you can produce
a license, that will help provide an explanation for your carrying radio
equipment.  The less curious they are, the better.

"Go ahead and do it, you can apologize later." -- RADM Grace Hopper,
1906-1992
"The sunset is an illusion, but the beauty is real." -- Richard Bach