RE: Kodiak Star Launch 80% GO

Of course, there's also Unix time, which is an unsigned integer count of

seconds since a certain date in the 1970's which escapes me at the
moment.

	00:00 1 Jan 1970

It's a rather large number .. ;-) .. but this is one reason
*nix systems typically go kerblooey if the clock date is set to
something before 1970.  It's not a continuous *date*, of course, but
given the notoriously non-decimal nature of our other time units, it
does have a certain appeal ..