Re: PCsat launch date

Hi John, et al,
OK guys, I 'knew' I would get bitten ! Thanks for the ISO reference.
I had a quick look and found this:

This profile defines two ways of handling time zone offsets:

  1.Times are expressed in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time), with a special UTC
designator ("Z").
  2.Times are expressed in local time, together with a time zone offset in
hours and minutes. A time zone
    offset of "+hh:mm" indicates that the date/time uses a local time zone
which is "hh" hours and "mm"
    minutes ahead of UTC. A time zone offset of "-hh:mm" indicates that the
date/time uses a local time
    zone which is "hh" hours and "mm" minutes behind UTC.
on: http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime
Document Submitted to W3C 15 September 1997. ...

also, on: http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/stations/wwv.html &
              http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/stations/wwv.au
I distinctly heard "Coordinated Universal Time".

OK, I know about Zulu time, but to clarify my point, I don't find it
very much harder to type UTC or say it, rather than Z or Zulu.
After all UTC has been there for a lot longer. I was not aware that
Z was used in aviation, I had assumed UTC was the standard there.

73 Jens    ZL2TJT