Re: "Pipe tower" mounting for G5500 stack...

I have done this and you don't really want to try this. I had it all up and it
appeared to be pretty secure. I had a pretty stiff wind come up, about 40 - 50
MPH and it buckled and snapped right in half. You will also find that the twist
that happens when you rotate will cause the antennas to rock back and forth when
you stop at the end point of the movement. Also during tracking you will get
alot of rocking and hunting. Good luck. I went to a short tower attached to the
house.