Re: Did they ever fix the orbit number?

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Margaret Leber wrote:

> On Saturday 15 September 2001 18:59, Bob Bruninga wrote:
>
> > What software requires ORBIT Number to work right?
>
> Well, even though it's not an absolute requirement, it would be nice if
> the tracking and the telemetry were in sync...that way we'd all know
> which orbit was being talked about.

Thanks.  Someone had told me that their program would not give a good
track on PCsat using the  pre-launch keps because they did not have an
orbit number.  I was reacting to that, when I saw the question about orbit
numbers.

So I saw no need for orbit number in the "tracking".  I now see fully the
need in keeping track of telemetty.  But I still wonder why that one
person talking to me said his software would not give the same ground
track as Instantrack, unless it had an orbit number..

Oh well...
thanks for the answer :-)
Bob