3733 Corner Reflector

I had a 3733 corner reflector unit that I had purchased from K5GNA sometime
back - yesterday I cut the stub and did some comparisons between it (stub &
crystal change only) and my three foot system (with stub, crystal and Murata
filter change). I noticed when I removed the small rectangular reflector
from the dipole on the corner reflector I received a increase in signal - I
tried the same on my three foot system and the signal diminished on it -
unfortunatly I have no test gear to measure this. Has anyone else
experienced this on their corner reflector?

73's

Don Woodward
KD4APP
AMSAT 33535