Re: Yaesu G-550 Elevation Rotor Help?

This can happen if you mount the EL rotor on the AZ rotor 180 degrees off,
and then mount the antennas backwards, i.e. pointing 180 degrees off in
AZ.  Your EL rotor says it is at zero elevation and it is.  However, the
backwards antenna mounting causes the back of the antenna to elevate
instead of the front.  Turn the antennas around.  Now the AZ is off so you
correct that by removing and reinstalling the EL rotor 180 degrees around
so the AZ is correct.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org