Nova Squint Readings?

I have been comparing the squint readings with another ham across
town and we are getting very different results from Nova. At this
writing (3:25 local time in Austin, TX) my version of Nova is giving
me a squint reading of 134 while his is registering 46. I'm using
Nova v.2.1g and he is using v.2.1n. I'm entering 2 for the ALAT and
358 for ALON. Can anyone explain what's going on? Who's right? I
believe his figures are correct but why am I not getting the same
results or at least close? What do I need to do to correct the

Now that I've learned that the bird works best with low squint
numbers, can anyone tell me the maximum usable quint?
Richard J. Lawn
Meyerson Centennial Professor
Founding Director of Jazz Studies
School of Music