Nova Squint Readings?

I have been comparing the squint readings with another ham across
town and we are getting very different results from Nova. At this
writing (3:25 local time in Austin, TX) my version of Nova is giving
me a squint reading of 134 while his is registering 46. I'm using
Nova v.2.1g and he is using v.2.1n. I'm entering 2 for the ALAT and
358 for ALON. Can anyone explain what's going on? Who's right? I
believe his figures are correct but why am I not getting the same
results or at least close? What do I need to do to correct the
problem?

Now that I've learned that the bird works best with low squint
numbers, can anyone tell me the maximum usable quint?
Rick
W5JAZ
--
Richard J. Lawn