My final "boom" story..

To clear up any misconceptions the cross boom I've been using is
"fiberglass".  The name of the Company is Ridout platics!

Bob, we have a Ridout plastics in San Diego, and over 15 years ago I got a
10' piece from them, and it has been up continuously with no sag.
It has a 1/4" wall. They had 1/8" and 1/4" wall thickness and I tested a 10'
piece in the store, and decided on the 1/4".
I'd sure go for a 10 footer with all the potential we have now for mounting
antennas.
I'm not sure of the diameter, but it is the max that fit in a 5400 rotor. It
may have been "gilding the lily" but I stuffed an 24" wood dowel at the
center, and an 18" one at both ends; the tube is pretty rugged and stiff.
I doubled the weight of a 40CX and a 22C, and hung the weight at both ends
while clamped in a vise at the center, the only antennas I needed at that
time. As I remember the "test sag" was less than 3/4".
I've had this information on here before, but others may be interested...

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....