RE: AO-40 reception question

Bill said

> It
> just seems like conditions
> used to be better.

If it's any consolation I agree with you.

The only other explanation I have is that when the AO-40 transponder was
first switched on, human nature is such that perhaps subconsciously we're
prepared to listen harder in the excitement of the moment. As time's worn
on, we're more interested in having those illusive armchair QSO's.

My only physical evidence is the strength of the beacon that I recorded back
in May which I've never seemed to hear as well subsequently on the same

Or maybe I have water in the coax.

73 Howard G6LVB