Digital Communications Conference Still On

With the tragic events of this week, we've had to seriously consider
whether it was still appropriate or feasible to hold the Digital
Communications Conference next weekend (Sept. 20-22) in Cincinnati.
Although we grieve with the whole world for the losses so many have
suffered, we believe it's important to show that terrorism will not succeed
in making us change our way of life.

So, the DCC will go on.  We realize that in light of the circumstances,
some folks who have already registered may feel they cannot attend.  If
that is the case, please contact the TAPR office (tapr@tapr.org) and we
will arrange a refund of your registration fee.  If you are traveling to
the DCC, remember that things may still be somewhat disrupted next week,
and increased security precautions will certainly cause some airport
delays.  Check with your airline early and often to make sure they haven't
changed your plans for you.

We realize that this year's DCC may well be smaller, and will certainly be
more somber, than in past years.  But we think that going ahead is the
right thing to do, and we hope that you agree.

73,
John
----
John Ackermann    N8UR         jra@febo.com     http://www.febo.com