From: "Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou" <doug@dougbraun.com>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 17:33 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Need recommendations on 435 yagi feed

> In the USA at lest, all the ham cable/connector vendors seem to
> carry it.  And it is pretty cheap.  It was originally meant for
> some sort of IBM LAN technology (token-ring?), so lots of it was sold.
>
> Doug
> NA1DB
>
> At 03:59 PM 9/13/01 , John Wright wrote:
>
> >The 95 ohm coax is very hard to get. BUT if you take the appropriate
length of 50 Helix cable ( like Pope H100 ), pull out the center conductor
and replace it with a thinner center conductor, Not sure how thin, but that
can be calculated, you can make yourself a piece of what should really be
100 ohm cable. N 'T' pieces are about £10 stirling in the UK ( about $15 ),
so you should be able to get them for less than the price you quoted. I used
this system many moons ago in AO13 days. so it works. Incidentally the 1"
offset of the feed point makes very little difference to the phasing.