Re: Need recommendations on 435 yagi feed

At 14:07 13/09/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>What I'd like to achieve is switching between left-hand and right-hand
>circular polarization with an antenna I have on hand for the 435 MHz uplink.
>I've read everything I can find, including the latest Satellite Handbook,
>which illustrates some methods in Figure 10:11.  I also have on hand a very
>low loss relay with N connectors.
><<SNIP>>

>K8AC
>Floyd Sense - Angier, NC
>
>----

The 95 ohm coax is very hard to get. BUT if you take the appropriate length
of 50 Helix cable ( like Pope H100 ), pull out the center conductor and
replace it with a thinner center conductor, Not sure how thin, but that can
be calculated, you can make yourself a piece of what should really be 100
ohm cable. N 'T' pieces are about £10 stirling in the UK ( about $15 ), so
you should be able to get them for less than the price you quoted. I used
this system many moons ago in AO13 days. so it works. Incidentally the 1"
offset of the feed point makes very little difference to the phasing.

      G4DMF  QTHR   IO93ha
      Amsat-UK Member 5372
          g4dmf@amsat.org
        g4dmf@g4dmf.co.uk