Re: New kenwood HT

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Scott E. Olitsky wrote:

> The new HT came today just minutes before RS12 was overhead.  I heard the
> bird great on the HT on 10m and heard my signal strong from the car.  Too
> bad nobody was around to talk to!

The thing I am dying to hear is how terrible the CW sounds when sent in
FM.  My thought is plugging a Key into the MIC/PTT jack and sending CW.
There should be no audio modulation because the internal Mic should be
disconnected so all you are doing is keying PTT.  As long as it is not too
terrible, then you should be able to do HT satellite CW QSO.

I do understand that it will sound terrible, but how bad?
Can you tell us?

de WB4APR, Bob