RE: instant tune & FT-847

Hi Gunther,
"normal," yeah, that's why I put it quotes!
What is "normal?"

A null modem lets you connect 2 DTEs together
however, the usual "null modem" cables, like
you get at Radio Shack, have a male at one end
and a female at the other so you cannot really
connect them together without also using a
female-to-female adapter.

I think you got the basic idea with the pins.
Depending on how you look at it, TX and RX aren't
really "twisted" but the SD pin on a DTE is the
RD pin on a DCE and so forth (i.e. pin 2 on one is
connected to pin 3 on the other.) This is true for
the control leads as well. There is no such thing
as a "standard" null modem cable but the ones you
can buy at RS will work for the most common situations.

73,
Tony AA2TX